Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Last night it rained and there is more rain in the forecast, but today was beautiful. Cool and a little cloudy. Perfect zoo weather. Oh, and it is St. Patrick's day. So we threw on our green clothes and headed out to the zoo.


We were there right when they opened so it was not very crowded. And I guess the animals liked the cool weather. This bear put on quiet a show. He even stood up on his back legs.


This big lion roared and roared and boy was it loud. Brock just stared in amazement at first, then he roared back.


Kevin took Brock into the big parakeet house and got him a food stick for the birds. Brock did really well. He was not scared at all and was patient and let the birds peck at the stick. They didn't even get pooped on!


I think the best part of the day was how cooperative and obedient Brock was. He has really started to turn a corner recently in his behavior. I kept asking him if he would like to hold my hand and walk or ride in the stroller. Every time he would say "hands" and actually let me hold his hand and walk beside me. In fact, he walked the whole day. He did not choose to get in the stroller until the very end on our way out when he was getting very tired and wanted his paci and blankie.


We rode the train twice and the carousel once. Ate lunch, then headed home.
I love Brock right now. Well, I always love Brock, but I love his age and where he is right now. I love that it is fun to go and do special outings as a family. I love that he is learning how to be more obedient every day. I love that he asks me to sing "Jesus loves me" and "He's got the whole world in His hands" again and again and again. He is such a sweet little boy and Kevin and I love him very very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment