We went to the fair on Friday. Sorry to just now be blogging about it. I was hopeful I would download the pictures on the computer and be able to blog from there (because it always looks better that way) but I didn't and I am blogging from my phone. Oh well. I'm thankful for iPhones ;)
We got to the fair right when it opened. We had told Brock about the really big cowboy named Big Tex. he was excited to see him. About 10:30 we came up to Big Tex. I heard him say one time "howdy folks". Then we noticed a funny smell and I saw smoke. I said said "since when did Big Tex take up smoking?" We got one picture if Brock and I in front of him before it really started smoking and causing people to notice. Then the fire broke out. First up around his neck. Hundreds of people ran up, all with their phones in the air taking pictures. It was really weird. Everyone was really quiet and just kept saying "how sad." Brock got scared and we had to move on as the firemen were just getting there.
He has told everyone he has seen today about Big Tex on fire. He says "poor Big Tex" and "they make a new one". So funny. We always have State fair drama. Last time we got caught up in all the Oprah crowds. Oh well, we still had fun.
Park City Utah
4 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment