Friday, December 21, 2012

Hope

This has been a weird week. I haven't blogged in a while. Kinda been in a funk. One week ago a horrible tragedy happened in Connecticut. 20 children and seven adults were killed in a school. So sad. It took me a while to wrap my mind around it. I have been thinking about how God didn't make this happen. Satan did. He's evil. There is evil in this world all around us. I can even see it in Brock's little sin nature. He lied to me the other day. It was one of the first times he just told me an outright lie. You know, we all need Jesus. Brock needs Jesus in his heart just like that gunman did.
I read a really good article reminding us that Jesus came into the world on a dark night in a dirty place. Kinda like where we live now.
I know we are not supposed to live our lives in fear. We are supposed to joyfully live our lives in hope of the day Jesus returns and destroys the evil one.
I hope if I was ever put in a hard situation like those parents my hope would remain in God the Father.
I was leaving for work the other morning and noticed how beautiful the sky was. It was a picture of God's nature. Love, hope and beauty. May we all be reminded of God's Love for us this Christmas season.

2 comments:

  1. Remember my conversation with your the other day.
    You got it now from your head to your heart.
    Keep living your beautiful life for Jesus and many will come to HIM on account of your quiet testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet Deborah...your post this morning was excellent. I have had the exact same kinds of thoughts and revelations this past week. As I listened to the commentators last weekend moving from the facts of the shootings to "what the parents must be going through" a thought flashed through my mind; What would I have done if we had lost one of our sweet daughters in the same fashion when you were only 6 or 7 years old? The answer that sprang from my heart was; "it would take about 30 minutes". What the Holy Spirit was showing me was that the presence of God residing in me would instantly take over releasing in my heart a flood of forgiveness toward the murderer, thankfulness for 6 wonderful years with such a blessed daughter, thankfulness to God for creating Heaven and the knowledge that our little girl was in heaven crawled up in Jesus's loving arms and waiting on us to join her. Yes, like all parents we would continually be reminded of our loss for years to come, but those memories would ever serve as reminders to Praise Him for his perfect plan of redemption. The Bible says that we are to "never despair as those who have no hope". Thanks be to God Who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ..........Love Dad and Merry CHRISTmas.

    ReplyDelete