We had a wonderful Easter weekend. Lots of celebrating. Saturday my mom had a big egg hunt/ lunch at her house. Brock had so much fun playing with his cousins and friends. We are so blessed to be surrounded by great friends and family. After lunch we went up to our church for the big egg hunt. There might have been a little drama there.... Mostly due to Brock not having a nap and lots of muddy ground from the previous nights rains. But that's ok. We went, served, played and hunted and got out of there as soon as we could. ;) Sometimes things just are not as idyllic as you think they will be and that's ok.
I had my parents over Easter morning for Breakfast and mom went with us to church. It was a very nice service full of the true meaning if Easter. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon in the kitchen preparing dinner for Kevin's family. It was fun to host Easter dinner.
I have recently started telling Brock about why we celebrate Easter. I told him about how Jesus died on the cross for the bad things we do but that he came to life again. And now he lives in Heaven, but he can live in our heart too if we ask him. And then He will help us make good choices . I know it's a lot for a three year old to understand but he really does seem to be starting to absorb some of it. He kept looking in his Children's Bible at the picture of Jesus on the cross. He didn't like it but kept wanting to look at it. I pray Brock comes to know Jesus as his savior at an early age and spends his life being a light for Jesus.
Park City Utah
4 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment