Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thoughts of a mother

Kevin sent me this precious picture today while I was at work. Kevin and Brock have had such a good time being together this summer. But I would be lying if I said I did not wish it was me who was home with him instead. I thought going to work would get easier. It hasn't. But I think I cope with it better now. Well, maybe. Yesterday Kevin text me at work to tell me that Brock rolled from his back to his tummy for the first time. I was so excited and so sad at the same time. These conflicting emotions seem to come more often now that I am a mom.
I keep reminding myself that it could be much worse. I am very blessed. I have a happy, healthy baby, good job and wonderful people to watch Brock when I am gone. But it's still hard.


I took a ladies blood pressure today. It was a little high. I asked if maybe it was because she was a little stressed. She started crying. I never expected that. She did not go into detail, but said she was upset over her son, who happened to be 45. We talked about how life is funny. How we all have to walk through situations that don't make sense to us. That don't seem fair. Especially concerning children. She said that once you enter into motherhood it's never over. Even if your son is 45.
Jobs, pregnancy tests, diagnoses, whatever... I am learning that I still have to trust God. Even if it does not make sense to me. Much easier said than done. Guess all we can do is lift each other up in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment