I always said when Brock turned two I would get rid of his paci. But then February came and I just didn't know if WE were ready. It's something I have been even a little embarrassed about recently. We have been trying to go down to just having it at bed time, but I decided this was the weekend to go for it.
I have heard of kids "buying" a new toy with their paci and I thought that was a pretty good idea. So today we told Brock he could go buy a new train if he traded in his pacis. Of course this sounded good to him at the time. So off we went to Toys R Us this morning. We let Brock have his paci one last time.
Here is the very last picture of Brock with his paci.
We actually let him pick out two trains... Percy and Flynn.
I gave the cashier a heads up. Brock handed her a sandwich bag of pacis and she handed him Percy.
Of course he was happy with this until a little while later when he got tired. After crying for about 30 minutes in bed I laid down with him a minute and then he fell asleep. Tonight he cried for it for about 10 minutes, then feel asleep. I know he will keep asking for it. I am trying to stay strong. I am just hoping he stays asleep all night long without it.
I know in the big picture of life this is not a very big deal, but right now it is to us. Brock has had his paci everyday since he was three days old. It also just makes me a little sad. My little baby is turning into such a big little boy so fast.




No comments:
Post a Comment