Thursday, August 25, 2011

18 Months

Here is Brock at 6 months old. Exactly 1 year ago.



Here he is on his birthday. Six months ago.


And here he is today!


I love this little boy!

I do not know how much Brock weighs, but he is getting big! Especially taller. In fact, I think his tummy is slimming down as he grows. Brock is very busy! Running all over the house, climbing on the big chair and couch, climbing in and out of the big (empty) bath tub, sitting in the fridge when we open the door, trying to climb in the dishwasher, wanting to see everything I am doing on the kitchen counters.

He goes to Ms. Angie's in home day care 4 days a week. He loves it! Loves playing with all the other kids.

Brock just got promoted into a new room at church. Does great. Usually cries a little when we drop him off, but quickly stops when they start handing out the gold fish and animal crackers.

Favorite movie: Fun on the Farm (He would watch it continually if we let him) He especially loves to ride his little tractor Mimi and Pops gave him while watching the DVD.

Favorite food: Probably meatloaf. (At least this week) He also loves mac n cheese, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, oatmeal, pancakes, pb&j sandwiches, and blueberries. Tonight he tried salad (lettuce) and seemed to really like it. He's getting really good at using a fork too.

Brock still takes two naps a day. At night he usually sleeps from 8 pm to about 6:30 or 7 am.

He is saying more and more words every day. Mostly just single words: please, thank you, tractor, ball, done, down, Dada, choo choo, car, play place, cracker, bath, dog, bird, Papa, paci, bubbles. Probably more, but it's hard to think of them all. It's funny because you can see what is important to him and what his world is like by looking at his word list.

When asked what sounds these animals make he says the sound (and sometimes the correlating motion): elephant, dog, tiger, lion, bear, cow, horse, rooster, monkey, cat, duck, alligator.

He can point to (and almost always get it right) his: eyes, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, belly button, toes. Tonight when brushing his teeth, I said, "brush here" and I guess he thought I said "brush ears", because he stuck the tooth brush in his ear :) Made me laugh.

Brock you are SO sweet, SO cute, SO smart and Daddy and I love you SO SO SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment