Monday, December 12, 2011

Gingerbread House

So I guess it's just a mom thing, but I want to make Christmas special for Brock. I want him to have lots of great memories (or at least pictures) of fun Christmas activities. I know this is not what Christmas is really about. I know the most important thing is to teach him about the birth and life of Jesus Christ and why He came to earth. And we are teaching him those things. But I think it's ok to do some special activities also.
So yesterday we made a gingerbread house!


Now, I knew from the get go that this was going to be messy. I did not expect perfection by any means. I just wanted to make a memory. I asked Kevin to take a few pictures for me, but as you can see it was only a matter of minutes before he had an icing bag in his hands too. I guess maybe it's a man thing. They like to build!


I pulled out some candy corn I had used earlier and fed that to Brock so he didn't eat too many of the candies meant for the house. He loves anything sugary...just like his Momma!
(Do you see my cute new apron my sweet Mom gave me for Thanksgiving!)


At first Brock was just into eating candy. But then he saw what we were doing and wanted to help. He put several pieces of candy on the gingerbread house... or "cookie house", as he calls it.


And here it is! We had some icing issues and it is not perfect, but Brock likes it.

1 comment: