Monday, December 12, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

We had a great and very busy weekend filled with holiday activities. Brock hung out with his cousin Ryder on Friday night while Kevin and I went to my office Christmas party. We had fun and so did he! As the boys get older it is so fun to see them interact more and more. They love to make each other laugh. Here Ryder was tickling Brock. It was hilarious I'm sure.



Saturday our friend Amy came over with her kids, Emma, Olivia and Whitten. We ran up to a nearby church who was having free camel rides. Olivia said she had been wanting to ride a camel her whole life! I didn't know 5 year olds had bucket lists.


Then we ran over to my parents house to play trains for a little bit. They stayed for dinner and Ryder came over to play also while Beth Anne and Jeremy went to his office Christmas party.
It was a houseful of fun.


Last night we went to Amy's church for their Christmas program. It is a very big and beautiful production they put on every year. It lasted about 1 1/2 hours, but was very entertaining. Brock did pretty good. He ate lots of crackers and got in and out of the pews a million times, but he also watched the performance and saw baby Jesus. They even had three live camels walk through the sanctuary. I hope to continue to go in the years to come.

I am thankful that not only do I go to a great church that teaches us what Christmas is about, but that there are other great churches in the area we can go to to make this time of year special for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment