Monday, July 2, 2012

Zoo Member Monday

(I am still having computer issues so I had to blog from my phone and the pictures are all scrambled up)

I am still enjoying my vacation time (Monday's are my favorite day to have off!) and so we decided to go do another fun outing with just Kevin Brock and I.
Every Monday in July the zoo opens an hour early for season pass members. This is perfect for Brock's schedule. So we ate a quick breakfast this morning and headed out.
It was overcast and not too too hot thankfully. We also found out that members get to ride the train and carousel free on Monday's too! Score!
We had a great time. We took Brock to see the little movie about Texas weather and he really liked that. I guess we are usually tired by the time we get to the Texas part and don't spend a lot of time there, but today we did. Another great thing was that there was hardly anyone in that part.
We left the zoo about 11:30 when it was starting to get hotter and went to eat hamburgers (with a gift card someone gave Kevin, yea!).
This evening we did something else fun that we have maybe only done once with Brock. We made a paler on the living room floor and watched a movie..."The lion king". We didn't make it through the whole movie and after a while Brock got a little restless. But it was fun anyway.
He was one tired little guy tonight and I made sure he was in bed by 8 pm sharp.
He's so sweet and I love exposing him to new experiences. He is growing and learning so much recently. It's fun to get to do more and more with him the older he gets.
Well, I have to go to work tomorrow but only for one day. I have enjoyed this vacation time this summer so much. I have never had this much time off except for maternity leave. I wish I didn't have to go back, but I am thankful for the blessing of being able to help provide for my family and making days like today possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment