Sunday, October 11, 2009

Baby bump goes to the fair

Kevin and I went to the State Fair today. We have not been in a couple of years, so we were very excited to go. The weather was a little chilly, but just fine with a jacket.


We rode the train to Dallas and back. That made getting there much easier. No parking in the crazy traffic.


Kevin gave the fried butter a thumbs up! I tried them and I have to say it was not bad. Tasted just like a biscuit with butter on it. We just got original, but you could get it with jelly, which I think might have tasted pretty good.


I of course had a funnel cake. Yummy!


When I saw this goat and noticed the bulging sides that were moving, I felt a connection with her. Wonder what her due date is?


Speaking of babies, Elsie had a baby! She was so cute wrapped up in her little blanket.


We had no idea that when we went to the fair Oprah would be there too. She caused quiet a commotion. I think she is doing a show taping tomorrow. Guess today was to get shots of her going around the fair. This is Oprah and her friend Gail during some taping.


This is as close to her as I will probably ever get. That is defiantly o.k. with me, but it was still kind of exciting. We saw her try on cowboy hats and eat a corny dog. Do you think her personal chef at home makes her many corny dogs?


Kevin was not very impressed. I don't blame him though. It seemed like she and the throngs of people following her followed us. It made it kinda hard to get around at the end of the day, but it was o.k. I will have to watch the show this week and see if I get in any crowd shots.


Can't wait to come back one day with our baby on the outside of my tummy. Lets see. Next year at this time baby will be about 8 months old. That's old enough to eat funnel cakes and corny dogs, right?

4 comments:

  1. Wow!
    When your little "what's HIS name" is born, you can put this in his baby book.
    Can't wait until tomorrow at 6:00!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Dad just said you road the "bump, bump" train to the fair.
    I told him NO, you road the "baby bump" train.
    :)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. The year I was pregnant with Matthew we went to the fair also. That is kind of funny since we always seem to do things the same. That would have made me exactly as far along as you! How funny!
    Anyway, when we were there that year we went to a really LONG and boring exhibit on the White House...seeing Oprah was obviously way more fun than that. I cannot believe you just happened upon the whole thing and got that close...and to think of all the people who planned forever to be there and try to see her and you accidently did!... and really close up at that! And even if Kevin thinks she's stupid I still think it is neat that you got those fun pics!!! What a fun day you had and what a fun memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so neat! I'm not a fan, but she is a mega celebrity and it is a very cool thing! I am also very very jealous of the fair and your funnel cake!! Maybe next year. I bet Baby Dodson could eat a funnel cake...NOT. But Makenna could, but I won't allow it.

    ReplyDelete