Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Birth Day Pool

My co workers at Dr. Moran's and Dr. Baker's office have started a birth day guess pool. It was $2 a day. I told them I guess March 2nd but they said they were only taking February guesses. They are pretty sure Brock will come early. I told them my second guess is February 23rd. I like Tuesdays. That is the day we always go for doctor appointments. The 23rd is also national pancake day! I know, kinda a random fact, but fun. We could always eat pancakes on his birthday. I would like that!


We had our 37 week appointment today. No big changes from a week ago. Oh well. On one hand I think about how it would be best if he held off a few weeks. I have planned on working right up until his due date. But on the other hand, I just want to see and hold him. God know best though. The doctor told us that she does not think I will go past my due date, but then again she thinks I have at least one more week. She said that he feels like he is about 7 lbs. but she thinks I am hiding a little bit bigger baby than that. She thinks he is about 7 1/2 lbs. right now, and will be about 8-8 1/2 lbs when he is born.
Everywhere I go ladies ask me "So, when is your baby due?" The one good thing about being at this stage of pregnancy is that there is no question I am having a baby. I don't just look a little overweight. When I tell them the 27th they always say "Of this month!" It's funny. Sometimes they then go onto to tell me when they think he will be born. Sometimes they "know" I will be early, sometimes they "know" I will go late.
Guess we will just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. I think Kevin would be very proud if Brock was born on Pancake Day. :) Congrats on making it so far!!! You are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think the 27th would be fun...cousins sharing a birthday! I know Debo probably does not agree but I still think that would be neat! Pancake Day is my second vote. Chocolate chip pancakes for every birthday party sounds yummy to me! I don't want hi to come today or tomorrow though...no one would be able to make it to the hospital to visit.

    ReplyDelete