Last Thursday it started snowing. Snowing and snowing and snowing. In fact, over the course of last Thursday and Friday we got the most snow Texas has ever seen. EVER! The weatherman said the official reading at DFW airport was 12 1/2 inches of snow. It was unbelievable. Kevin and I both got off early on Thursday due to the weather and did not have to go on Friday at all. This picture of me is mid day Thursday. Little did we know how much more snow would continue to build up in our yard.
Brady and Vanessa's power went out, so they came and spent Friday night with us. We ate at Babe's for dinner. Yummy! They had fun staying up late playing Mario Bros. I had to go to bed a little early. Brock and I were tired. Makenna slept great in her pack n play in Brock's room. It was fun having them here.
The boys decided they would build a snowman. I think it surprised them how much work it was. But it looks great. He was a manly snowman. His eyes were made from electrical tape, nose a screwdriver and his mouth was weed eater line. You can see his big wood arms complete with Kevin's gloves on them. The head has started to melt, but he is still standing.
These pictures were taken Friday morning on Don and Judy's street. I love the first one. It reminds me of the Narnia movie! I think the tree in the second picture is so pretty. Actually though, there were tree limbs down all over town. Mom and Dad's big, very old tree in their back yard had a lot of damage, despite them working for two hours in the middle of the night to shake snow off it's heavy branches.
I was hoping Brock would decide to come on Friday. I thought that would be kinda fun for him to be born on one of the few snowy Texas days. But he didn't. And that's probably for the best. It would have been hard to drive to the hospital. I just hope he comes soon. I am ready to hold him in my arms.

Now,..... that's a snow MAN!
ReplyDelete