Tuesday, February 2, 2010

To the Rodeo We Go

Well, it's rodeo time here in Cowtown! Fort Worth has a great stock show and rodeo that comes to town every year. This is the third time I think that Don and Judy have taken all of us. It's a great tradition. I can't wait until Brock and Ryder are big enough to go and enjoy it. I am certain their Mimi will make sure that they have cute western shirts and boots to wear too.




The only bummer was that Kevin was not able to go. It just so happened that it was the same weekend that he had to go to Austin with kids from school for Youth and Government. I found another fun date though.




Vanessa was excited to go because she had never been to the Fort Worth rodeo and she talks her second graders about it in their Texas history section.




Now, I know I have decorated Brock's room in cowboy decor. It is really cute too. I talk about him being Cowboy Brock. But do I want him to grow up and REALLY be a cowboy? Maybe not. After watching the rodeo and seeing the guys get thrown on the ground and nearly trampled to death I had second thoughts. Maybe he can just watch from the stands like the rest of us. Do you see this guy in the picture? Yes, that is a very big bull he just came off of and that bull is jumping right over him. Scary. I don't think I could watch if that was Brock. Maybe he will grow up to be a lawyer or something like that instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment