Sunday, February 21, 2010

Waiting for Baby

I thought Brock might come this weekend. He did not come yet though. Oh well. I am trying to be patient. Staying busy helps. Kevin and I went to breakfast at Ol' South pancake house this morning. After that we came home and did a little house keeping. I vacuumed and did laundry. Kevin went ahead and put the pack n play together.




It has little blue owls all over it. We have it in the living room right now. I think this is where I want it, at least at first. Guess if it does not work here we can always move it later.






I met Lauraleigh this afternoon at the mall. We had fun getting pedicures together. I thought the foot rubbing might induce labor. So far nothing has happened though. Oh well, at least my toes will look pretty when I go into the hospital.





My toe nails are about the only part of my feet that are pretty right now. My legs and feet and are swollen pretty much all the time now. I drink water and keep my feet elevated, but it does not seem to matter. I hope they go back to normal quickly after Brock comes.




After my pedicure, Kevin and I went to dinner at Mellow Mushroom. Yummy!




We were trying to make the most of our day together and do fun things. It might be a while before we get to go out to eat again by ourselves. That's ok. Brock will be worth it.









4 comments:

  1. You Are Glowing!
    I'm glad you could enjoy a special day with Kevin.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, go out and enjoy your freedom...because it is about to change!! (in a good way, of course) So sorry about the swelling--I majorly swelled with Emma, so I can relate. I lost so much weight in the first week just from the swelling reduction! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our 20 little piggies are so cute! I was just sure that would do the trick...it did for me back 5 years ago with Daniel, but alas...we keep waiting! That's OK...God has the perfect time already set for Brocks arrival. I am so excited I can hardly wait! The boys are excited also. Matthew wanted to see my toes when I got home from the pedicures and said he thought they were cute. I told him how we had choose the color "Little Red Wagon" for us both because it reminded us of a new baby boy being born into our family. He thought that was so cute and I could tell he really "got it." He is so sweet and deep. Anyway, he then told me "I can't wait until Brock comes so I can read him all his books"...pause..."well, maybe not all his books, that would take to long. I'll read him just a few!" I thought that was the cutest thing ever! What a wonderful big cousin he will be.

    ReplyDelete