Friday, July 1, 2011

Children's Aquarium

Today we went to the Children's aquarium in Dallas. Our friend Amy and her kids Emma, Olivia, and Whitten went with with us. Then we met our other friend Lauren and her little girl Ashlyn there. Of course we had to start the day off with a trip to McDonalds. I think the kids might have been just as happy to stay there, but we did not drive all the way to Dallas just to eat at McDonalds.


This was our first time to this aquarium. It was a little small, but ok for little kids though. Next time I think I would rather go to the World Aquarium which is also in Dallas. Or I just heard that they are about to open a new one in Grapevine. That would be so much easier to get to!



We stayed around until it was time to feed the sting rays. Olivia enjoyed this the most I think. Kevin helped Brock put his hand in the water. When a sting ray swam by and barely touched him he jerked his hand away. I will agree that they do feel slimy.


And here is our attempt to take a group shot. One little one would sit down and another would run off over and over. From left to right: Ashlyn, Emma, Whitten, Brock, and Olivia. Isn't Whiten cute in his shark shirt!
It was so nice to see Lauren and Ashlyn. We hardly ever get to see them. I will have to continue to think up activities for us to do together. I think the next activity will just be playing in someones air conditioned living room. Keep it low key :)


1 comment: