Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Honey, I think it's time

February 25th was a very exciting day. It was the day our baby came. We woke up very early in the morning to be at the hospital at 6 am. This is me at about 5:30 am, right before we left. One of my last very pregnant pictures. Even though I was very ready to have Brock, I have to say I really have enjoyed the last 9 months. I was blessed to not have had any problems along the way. For the most part I also felt very good the whole time too. There were little annoyances like heartburn and very swollen feet and ankles, but overall it was a great season of my life. The last few weeks were a little hard, but everywhere I went people asked me when I was due and what was I having. Most people seemed genuinely excited for me too. I will also miss co workers trying to continually feed me. Everyone always seemed to think I needed a little snack. And they were usually right. :)




We had just got to the labor and delivery floor and were checking in when we heard a lady in a nearby room give birth. We heard them tell her to push one last time and then the next sound was a baby crying. So sweet and such a neat way to start the day. It kinda pumped me up for what I was about to do.




Here is my wonderful doctor. I was so blessed to have her. They started the pitocin at 6:30 and she broke my water at 7:30. That was the beginning of my 14 hour labor day. I did receive my epidural about 10:30, which made everything better. I had great nurses all day and the whole experience was a good one. The prize I received at the end of the day though was the best part of all.






2 comments:

  1. Wonderful memories!
    And you did get the best prize at the end of the day!
    What a little sweet heart.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post! I can't wait to meet Mr. Brock tomorrow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete